Trilogy Holiday Activity & Food Programme (HAF)
Welcome to the Trilogy Holiday Activity & Food website, otherwise know as HAF! We're excited to be a part of this initiative that is bringing funded places across some of our Christmas activities programme for children and young people. This programme is brought to you in Partnership with Northamptonshire Sport and Public Health Northamptonshire.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Holiday Activities and Food Programme ?
The Holiday Activities and Food Programme is an initiative funded by the Department for Education to provide a programme of funded activities during the school holidays aimed to get children who attend to:
• Eat more healthily over the school holidays
• Be more active during the school holidays
• Take part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character and wellbeing along with their wider educational attainment
• Be safe and not to be socially isolated
• Have a greater knowledge of health and nutrition
• Be more engaged with school and other local services
Programmes can be led by a range of organisations. From across the public, private and community and voluntary sectors, they must offer a range of catering, sports and physical activity and enrichment activities.
Who can access the programme ?
The holiday activities and food programme is available to all children and young people who are eligible for benefits-related free school meals.
Each eligible child or young person will be able to access 4 days provision per week. Each provider will offer:
• One meal during the session
• Enjoyable activities. These vary from provider to provider but may include creative, enriching or physical activities
• Socialising and friendly spaces to build relationships
• Guidance and signposting for parents and carers to support your family
How do I register ?
• View the activity finder and check that the programme is suitable for your child's age range
• Complete the online registration form and choose:
• The weeks you would like your child to take part in the holiday activities and food programme, and
• the place you would like them to go
Before booking you will need to ensure that you have a unique booking code provided by your school
Programme places are offered on a first come first served basis. Where a programme is full, you can register with alternative providers
My school hasn't sent me a code – what do I do ?
Please contact email@example.com. We will check your eligibility and issue your code
What if my child attends a school outside Northamptonshire, or lives outside of Northamptonshire ?
If a child is eligible for Free School Meals, and attends a Northamptonshire school, or lives within Northamptonshire, then they are eligible to sign up to the Northamptonshire Holiday Activities and Food programme.
If they don't live in, or go to school in Northamptonshire, then you need to go to the relevant local authority (council) site. The Holiday Activity and Food Programme is a nationwide initiative, which will also be offered in Bedfordshire, Milton Keynes, Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire, Oxfordshire, Warwickshire.
Does my child / young person have to attend?
No, the programme is voluntary, but we hope that children and young people who meet the eligibility criteria will take part. Everyone who is eligible is welcome to join the Holiday Activity and Food programme.